IMPORTANT NOTE: Don’t print the current design that’s on Thingiverse. There is a problem that can result in wet weather damaging or destroying the Imp Explorer’s humidity sensor. A redesign is in the works.
Here’s an outline of the the state of the project. I’ll update this page as we go, but this is the to-do list as it stands now:
- Design and test print .stl files
- Build prototoypes
- Write and test sample Imp device code for data collection
- Write and test sample Imp agent code for simple web page display of data
- Write 3d printing notes
- Post code to GitHub
- Write notes for installing sample code
- Write notes for calibrating barometric pressure sensors.
- Add Gerber files for the anemometer amplifier to GitHub.
- Write anemometer wiring instructions.
- Redesign housing to fix solar shield weatherproofing problem.
- Post revised .stl files to Thingiverse.
- Write assembly instructions
- Write WxImp location and mounting notes
- Define anemometer calibration instructions
- Write discussion of temp and humidity calibration issues
- Write Imp agent code to charting services
- Write Imp agent code to supply JSON data
- Integration into Weather Underground network
- Outline lesson plan Strategy
There is a whole range of follow-on projects that come to mind as well:
- Screw-down mounting base
- Pole mount base
- Wind direction sensor add-on
- Rain guage add-on